Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Book 47: The Hound of the Baskervilles by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

More of a short story/novella than a real book, I read this one through Daily Lit as well. You always hear the title of this story, but I hadn't read it before (or I don't remember reading it). Holmes and Watson investigate a case where it appears a ghost dog scared a man to death. It's mostly told through Watson's adventures as he goes to stay at the man's house with his heir and they try to solve the puzzle. I enjoy Sherlock Holmes stories, but for some reason, I never read them. I have a book of all the original stories together in one volume, but I've only ever read a handful of them. I need to dig it out because they really are enjoyable and it's a good change of pace from fantasy or horror.

No comments: