Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Book 81: The House by Bentley Little

There is a house(s?) that protect our dimension from other freaky worlds.  People have to live in those houses to prevent leaks from coming through.  Some forces want this bleeding through to happen, so they try to keep people out.  Several adults lived in different versions of the house when they were children.  They all had traumatic things occur there and they all eventually blocked it from their memories and moved on with their lives.  They all get pulled back in and have to fight the forces that are trying to destroy everything.

I wasn't a huge fan of this book.  The main bad character is waaay too creepy/pervy/gross for me.  Maybe I'm mellowing out in my old age, but it just made me uncomfortable.  Bentley Little has that effect on me though.  All of his books have made me feel that weird unsettled feeling.

No comments: